Arrive Salt Lake City airport (SLC), take the hotel complimentary shuttle bus transfer from airport to hotel. Today free time on your own.
Hotel: Hotel RL by Red Lion Salt Lake City or similar
11:00am, departure from hotel, drive along the Emigration Canyon into Echo Canyon, visit the once traveled Oregon Trail. The trail represents the only corridor to the West. 1843 was known as “The great migration” and over the next 25 years more than a half million people went west on the Trail. The highlights of the trail also includes: the historical landmarks of Independence Rock, Devil’s Gate. Overnight stay in Casper.
Hotel: Parkway Plaza Hotel or similar
Travel to Crazy Horse Memorial in the morning. You will witness the world’s largest mountain sculpture in progress. Rising over 563 feet high, Crazy Horse has come to represent the freedom of the Native American spirit. Then visit Mount Rushmore National Memorial, a monumental granite sculpture by Gutzon Borglum. The monument represents the first 150 years of the history of the United States of America with 60-foot (18 m) sculptures of the heads of former United States presidents : George Washington , Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt and Abraham Lincoln. Continue to Devil’s Tower National Monument. ‘Bear Lodge’ was the Native American name for the Tower. This 865 foot column- a remnant of a volcanic eruption was renamed in 1875 by a scientific team escorted by Col. Richard I. Dodge. Overnight stay in Gillette.
Hotel: Ramada or similar
Travel to Yellowstone National Park, the first and oldest National Park in the United States. Highlights include: Yellowstone Canyon, Yellowstone Falls, Mud Volcano, Mammoth Hot Springs. There are also various wildlife that inhabits the Park from bison, elk, moose, and bear. Over night stay in West Yellowstone.
Hotel: Yellowstone Country Inn or Dude & Roundup or Travelers Lodge or similar
Continue visit Yellowstone National Park: the Old Faithful Geyser, Rainbow Pool. Then head to Grand Teton National Park. The tallest peak rises to 13,770 feet. Twelve of the peaks in Teton reach above 12,000 feet and support a dozen mountain glaciers. In the afternoon visit the state of Wyoming and visit the western town of Jackson Hole. Arches made of elk antlers decorate the central plaza in this town with plenty of shops and restaurants around the area. Over night stay in Salt Lake City.
Hotel: Hotel RL by Red Lion Salt Lake City or similar
Visit Utah State Capitol Building and historical Temple Square. Then travel to Salt Flats, a land of thick crust of salty soil. It looks like a magical wonderland covered with snow. The famous Bonneville Speedway is located in the western portion of the flats, where the world land speed records have been broken many times. The first transcontinental telephone line was also completed in the area. Arrive in Reno in the afternoon, the city known as “The Biggest Little City in the World”, is the birthplace of the gaming corporation Harrah’s Entertainment. Overnight stay in Reno.
Hotel: Harrah’s Casino Hotel or similar
Depart Reno for Virginia City, a national historical landmark district, where the discovery of Comstock lode in 1859 turned the town into a hustling and bustling site. Thousands of people rushed here to make their fortune and among them are: Ralston & Crocker, founder of California bank; George Hearst, father of William Hearst; and Stanford, president of Central Pacific Railroad. At one time Virginia City was the richest place on earth and more money was produced here than the entire California Gold Rush. It is also here that Samuel Clemens adopted his famous pen name “Mark Twain” while working for a local new paper. Stroll the authentic wooden boardwalk, you will be overwhelmed by the senses and charms of the old west. Then continue to beautiful Lake Tahoe bordering Nevada and California. The clear blue water surrounded by majestic mountains will take your breath away. Head back to the Bay Area in the afternoon.
Hotel: Red Roof Inn or Hotel Focus SFO or Sonesta Milpitas or similar
Discover America’s most picturesque and culturally diverse city – San Francisco. Highlights include: Civic Center, Twin Peaks, Golden Gate Park, Golden Gate Bridge, Palace of Fine Arts, Fisherman’s Wharf, Market Street and Chinatown. After tour, transfer to San Francisco international airport.
** Please arrange your air-ticket departure from SFO after 8pm.
YELLOWSTONE SERIES BUS TOUR CANCELLATION AND MODIFICATION POLICY :
* Cancellations, Modifications, and Refunds: Cancellations, Modifications, and refunds requests MUST BE in writing and only take effect after the confirmation is received. The Refunds are calculated based on the following methods:
1) For Cancellations and Modifications received beyond 14 days prior to departure, $50 Cancellation/Modification fee per person + a Handling fee of $25.
2) For Cancellations and Modifications received beyond 8-14 days prior to departure, 50% Cancellation/Modification fee of total tour fare + a Handling fee of $50.
3) For Cancellations/Modifications received within 7 days to departure, no refunds and tour rearrangement.
4) If the 3rd or/and 4th persons fail to show up while 3 or 4 passengers sharing one room, those who are in the same room MUST pay penalty equivalent to 4th person’s tour fares on board the bus.
A surcharge will be applied to all San Francisco hotels on the following high demand (check-in) dates in 2019, 2020 (subject to change anytime):
Feb 4-7, 10-16, 22-26
Mar 3-9, 17-22
Apr 1-3, 7-11, 13-16, 30
May 1-2, 7-11, 13-16, 18-23, 29-31
Jun 7-11, 18-24
Aug 12-15, 24-29
Sep 3-9, 14-19, 23-29
Oct 2-3, 10-16, 19-23, 27-31
Nov 5-11, 16-22, 28-30
Dec 2-4, 9-13, 31
Jan 6-7, 13-20
Feb 2-6, 23-27
Mar 9-11, 16-19, 28-31
* Hotel rooms are typically designed and equipped for two travelers. They usually feature a queen- or king-sized bed or two double beds, which are meant to provide adequate comfort for two travelers.
* 3rd person, 4th person or child must share with the 1st & 2nd travelers in the same room (2 double beds). Extra beds, extra items and services (such as extra toiletries and towels) will not be provided.
* Hotels limit occupancy based on local or state fire codes, no more than 4 people to occupy a hotel room, regardless of the ages of the occupants.
* All hotel room are NON-SMOKING, any violations are fined $300.00 ~ $500.00
* Child fare: for children 2 years of age and above, occupying the same room with 2 adults.
* Children under 2 years old will be charged $25 per day for mandatory General Liability Insurance.
* To ensure the safety of children, anyone that is under 8 years of age/ Less 60 lbs must have a car seat. (Car seat is available for rent for $25 a day—-must make reservation ahead of time).
* To ensure smooth operation of our tours, Lassen Tours reserves the right to change the order in which tours are conducted.
* Transportation with Liability Insurance (Bus/Van)
* Take the hotel complimentary shuttle bus transfer from airport to hotel.
– Please arrange your round-trip air ticket to Salt Lake City (SLC). Today free time on your own.
* San Francisco Airport Transfer Service (one way to SFO)
– Please arrange your flight departure from San Francisco (SFO) airport after 8pm.
* Optional Tours (Mandatory Purchase from Lassen)
Mandatory Fees (CASH PAYMENT ONLY)
* $100.00 Per Person Mandatory Fee for Devil’s Tower, Mount Rushmore, Yellowstone National Park,Crazy Horse,Virginia City, Grand Teton National Park
* San Francisco Bay Cruise – Adult $34, Child (5-17) $25