Visit the California State Capital – Sacramento. Founded in 1849, Sacramento was at the heart of the gold rush, Pony Express and first continental railroad. In the afternoon head through the famous Donner Pass and enter Nevada – nicknamed the Silver State. Overnight stay in Elko, a famous gold ming town.
Hotel: Red Lion Inn or similar
In the morning head for Salt Lake City,Sacramento the capital of Utah and the Mormon capital of the world. On the way, you will be in awe by the vastness of the salt flats and enchanted by the beauty of the Great Salt Lake, the largest salt water lake in the Western Hemisphere. In the afternoon travel along the Wasatch Mountains and pass through land of scorched rocks. These lava fields of barren expanse have been underlain by rhyolite and overlain by basalt over thousands of years. Overnight in West Yellowstone.
Hotel: Yellowstone Country Inn or White Buffalo or Travelers Lodge or similar
Visit Yellowstone National Park, the first and oldest National Park in the world. Highlights include: Grand Canyon of Yellowstone, Fountain Paint Pot Geyser Basin, Midway Geyser Basin, and the most famous one of all, the “Old Faithful”. There are various wildlife that calls the park its home, such as the bison, moose, and the grizzly bear. Continue on to Grand Teton National Park, the tallest peak rises to 13,770 feet and twelve of the peaks in Teton reach above 12,000 feet and support a dozen mountain glaciers. Then tour the town of Jackson, beautiful arches made of elk antlers decorate the central plaza in this town with plenty of shops and restaurants around the area. Overnight stay in Pocatello.
Hotel: Clarion Hotel or similar
Upon arrival in Salt Lake City, tour the famous Temple Square and learn about the Mormon settlement in depth. In the Afternoon, head to Bryce Canyon National Park. The limited archeological findings indicate that this area was used primarily for hunting with most habitation in the river valleys below. Over time, erosion has carved colorful limestone into thousands of spires, fins, arches and mazes. The formations collectively called “hoodoos,” and are arranged and tinted with various colors.
Hotel: Bryce View Lodge or similar
Optional: South Grand Canyon
The Grand Canyon offers one of the most spectacular examples of erosion not found anywhere in the world. Canyon National Park is a designated World Heritage Site and is unmatched in the incomparable vistas that it offers to visitors on the rim. Drive by Hoover Dam for a photo stop on the way to the Grand Canyon. Overnight stay in Las Vegas.
Optional: Grand Canyon West Rim “The Skywalk”
Your journey begins from stopping by the magnificent Hoover Dam and then on to the Majestic Hualapai Indian Reservation where is located at the West Rim of the Grand Canyon. You can walk along the rim of this great wonder of nature – unblemished by modern civilization. You may walk on the Skywalk (Optional tour). David Jin, the man who conceived and funded Skywalk makes this U-shaped platform, which extends 70ft over the edge and about 4,000 feet over the canyon floor. You may also select to take the Helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon and view the majestic Grand Canyon with a bird’s eye view. (Optional tour)Overnight stay in Las Vegas.
Hotel: Excalibur Hotel and Casino or similar
We will depart from Las Vegas in the morning; and then head onward to the Tulare Shopping Outlet Center. Here you will be able to find your favorite brands at discounted prices. After that we will head to Fresno for an overnight stay.
Hotel: Piccadilly Inn Airport Fresno or similar
From waterfalls that drop thousands of feet, and endless mountain ridges, Yosemite National Park can be considered one of the most famous scenic spots in the Western United States. Arrive in Yosemite National Park in the afternoon. Highlights include: Tunnel View, Bridal Veil Falls, El Captain, Merced River, Yosemite Falls, Half Dome.
Then return back to Bay Area.
1. If you get on bus in Sacramento OR EL Cerrito, we CANNOT drop you off in Sacramento OR El Cerrito upon return, please choose another location fromour list.
2. When West Yellowstone Hotels cannot be confirmed, hotels in Jackson will be used. Depending on hotel location, the sequence of the tour might be altered.
|TIME||CITY||LOCATION||ADDRESS & MAP|
|7:00 am||Milpitas||Ulferts Center (Milpitas)||668 Barber Ln|
|7:10 am||San Jose||Bai Xing Jia Hunan Fusion (San Jose)||1701 Lundy Ave|
|7:20 am||Fremont||Aberdeen Cafe (Fremont)||46881 Warm Springs Blvd|
|7:20 am||Cupertino||Tectonic Architects & Builders (Cupertino)||10122 Bandley Dr|
|8:00 am||Burlingame||Red Roof Inn SFO (Burlingame)||777 Airport Blvd|
|8:30 am||San Francisco||Lassen Tour & Travel, Inc. (Union Square, San Francisco)||391 Sutter St|
|9:00 am||Oakland||Angel Feet Reflexology (Oakland)||441 9th St|
|9:20 am||El Cerrito||Ranch 99 Supermarket (El Cerrito)||3288 Pierce St|
|11:00 am||Sacramento||California State Capitol (Sacramento)||1315 10th St|
* NOTICE: If you get on bus in Sacramento OR EL Cerrito, we CAN NOT drop you off in Sacramento OR El Cerrito upon return, please choose another drop off location from our list.
* Hotel rooms are typically designed and equipped for two travelers. They usually feature a queen- or king-sized bed or two double beds, which are meant to provide adequate comfort for two travelers.
* 3rd person, 4th person or child must share with the 1st & 2nd travelers in the same room (2 double beds). Extra beds, extra items and services (such as extra toiletries and towels) will not be provided.
* Hotels limit occupancy based on local or state fire codes, no more than 4 people to occupy a hotel room, regardless of the ages of the occupants.
* Child fare: for children 2 years of age and above, occupying the same room with 2 adults.
* Children under 2 years old will be charged $25 per day for mandatory General Liability Insurance. It is also to guarantee a seat for the child. If the parents prefer to hold the child, it is considered as forfeiting the seat, but the $25 Per day General Liability Insurance will still be charged.
* We reserve the right to make alterations to the tour’s itinerary if this is required.
*To ensure smooth operation of our tours, Lassen Tours reserves the right to change the order in which tours are conducted.
* Transportation with Liability Insurance
*100.00 Per Person Mandatory Fee for Great Salt Lake , Yellowstone National Park, Grand Teton, Bryce National Park, Zion National Park, HorseShoe bend, Glen Canyon Recreation Area
* Optional Tours (Mandatory Purchase from Lassen)
—- Las Vegas Night Tour – Adult $35, Child (2-11) $25
—- Grand Canyon [South Rim] – $50 per person (excludes lunch)
—- I-Max at Grand Canyon South – $13 per person
—- Grand Canyon South Rim Helicopter Ride – $230 per person
—- Grand Canyon [West Rim] – $90 per person (includes lunch)
—- Grand Canyon West Rim Skywalk – $30 per person
—- Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Ride – $188 per person
—- Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter and Boat Tour – $220 per person
—- Lower Antelope Canyon: Adult $58, Child (8-12) $48
Trail involves ladder climbing (from 3 ft. to 25 ft.) at your own risk. Notify the tour guide if you can not attend.