We will depart the Bay Area in the morning and drive to Las Vegas. Along the way, you will see dramatic changes in sceneries from coastal ranges to Central Valley and then to Mojave desert. We will drive through fertile farmland, see the largest windmill farm in California and pass by Edward Air Force Base where the space shuttles used to land on several occasions and where the sound barrier was broken fro the first time in history. We will reach Las Vegas in the evening and check into the hotel upon arrival. Tonight will be to your leisure. Immerse yourself in the castle themed resort right in the middle of the Las Vegas Strip or head down the Strip and visit many other world famous themed hotels.
Hotel: Excalibur Hotel and Casino or similar
Depart Las Vegas in the morning and visit arguably the two of the most scenic National parks in Southern Utah. Zion is colored with reddish and tan colored sandstone with soaring cliffs and great canyon. Contrast to Zion, Bryce is not a true canyon, but an Amphitheatre of magnificent red rock formations within the high Colorado Plateau created by erosion. Dense eroded columns known as hoodoos, create an out of this world landscape. These two National parks are truly a photographers’ heaven. Tonight, we will stay in the town of Bryce Canyon City.
Hotel: Quality Inn or similar
Head to Arches National Park, which contains the largest concentrations of natural sandstone arches in the world. The arches and numerous other extraordinary geologic features, such as spires, pinnacles, pedestals and balanced rocks, are highlighted in striking foreground and background views created by contrasting colors, landforms and textures. You will be overwhelmed by the sites of interests that include Park Avenue, Court house, Double arch, South/north windows and delicate arch. Overnight stay is in Salt Lake City.
Hotel: Hotel RL by Red Lion Salt Lake City or similar
Travel along the Emigration Canyon into Echo Canyon and visit the once travelled Oregon Trail. The trail represents the only corridor to the West. 1843 was known as “The great migration” and over the next 25 years more than a half million people went west on the Trail. The highlights of the trail also includes: the historical landmarks of Independence Rock, Devil’s Gate. Overnight stay in Casper.
Hotel: Parkway Plaza Hotel or similar
Travel to Crazy Horse Memorial in the morning. You will witness the world’s largest mountain sculpture in progress. Rising over 563 feet high, Crazy Horse has come to represent the freedom of the Native American spirit. Then visit Mount Rushmore National Memorial, a monumental granite sculpture by Gutzon Borglum. The monument represents the first 150 years of the history of the United States of America with 60-foot (18 m) sculptures of the heads of former United States presidents : George Washington , Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt and Abraham Lincoln. Thereafter tour Bear country USA, a unique drive-thru wildlife park featuring North American wildlife such as bears, wolves, elk, buffalo in their natural environment. Continue to Devil’s Tower National Monument. ‘Bear Lodge’ was the Native American name for the Tower. This 865 foot column- a remnant of a volcanic eruption was renamed in 1875 by a scientific team escorted by Col. Richard I. Dodge. Overnight stay in Gillette.
Hotel: Ramada Gillette or similar
Today we’ll visit Yellowstone National Park, the first and oldest National Park in the United States. Highlights include: Yellowstone Canyon, Yellowstone Falls, Mud Volcano, Mammoth Hot Springs. There are also various wildlife that inhabits the Park from bison, elk, moose, and bear. Over night stay in West Yellowstone.
Hotel: Yellowstone Country Inn; Dude & Roundup; Travelers Lodge; or similar
Continue visit Yellowstone National Park: the Old Faithful Geyser, Rainbow Pool. Continue to Grand Teton National Park. The tallest peak rises to 13,770 feet. Twelve of the peaks in Teton reach above 12,000 feet and support a dozen mountain glaciers. In the afternoon visit the state of Wyoming and visit the western town of Jackson Hole. Arches made of elk antlers decorate the central plaza in this town with plenty of shops and restaurants around the area. Over night stay in Salt Lake City.
Hotel: Hotel RL by Red Lion Salt Lake City
Visit Utah State Capitol Building and Temple Square. Our tour ends in Salt Lake City, please take hotel’s complimentary shuttle to airport for your return flight.
** Please arrange your return flight from Salt Lake City (SLC) after 12PM.
|TIME||CITY||LOCATION||ADDRESS & MAP|
|7:30 am||San Francisco||Lassen Tour & Travel, Inc. (Union Square San Francisco)||391 Sutter St|
|8:00 am||Burlingame||Red Roof Inn SFO (Burlingame)||777 Airport Blvd|
|8:15 am||Oakland||Angel Feet Reflexology (Oakland)||441 9th St|
|9:00 am||Cupertino||Marina Food Supermarket (Cupertino)||10122 Bandley Dr|
|9:10 am||Fremont||Aberdeen Cafe (Fremont)||46881 Warm Springs Blvd|
|9:20 am||San Jose||Bai Xing Jia Hunan Fusion (San Jose)||1701 Lundy Ave|
|9:30 am||Milpitas||Ulferts Center (Milpitas)||668 Barber Ln|
* Hotel rooms are typically designed and equipped for two travelers. They usually feature a queen- or king-sized bed or two double beds, which are meant to provide adequate comfort for two travelers.
* 3rd person, 4th person or child must share with the 1st & 2nd travelers in the same room (2 double beds). Extra beds, extra items and services (such as extra toiletries and towels) will not be provided.
* Hotels limit occupancy based on local or state fire codes, no more than 4 people to occupy a hotel room, regardless of the ages of the occupants.
* Child fare: for children 2 years of age and above, occupying the same room with 2 adults.
* Children under 2 years old will be charged $25 per day for mandatory General Liability Insurance. It is also to guarantee a seat for the child. If the parents prefer to hold the child, it is considered as forfeiting the seat, but the $25 Per day General Liability Insurance will still be charged.
*To ensure smooth operation of our tours, Lassen Tours reserves the right to change the order in which tours are conducted.
* Transportation with Liability Insurance
* Take hotel’s complimentary shuttle to airport for your return flight.
– Please arrange your return flight from Salt Lake City (SLC) after 12PM.
* $150.00 Per Person Mandatory Fee for Devil’s Tower, Crazy Horse Memorial, Mount Rushmore, Yellowstone National Park, Arches National Park, Zion National Park, Grand Teton National Park, Grand Canyon National Park
* Air Fare
* Optional tours(Mandatory purchase from Lassen)