We begin our west coast golden triangle in San Francisco.
From the humble origins of a small fishing village known as Yerba Buena, San Francisco grew rapidly due to the California gold rush starting in 1848. Devastated by the 1906 earthquake, San Francisco was rebuilt quickly. Long enjoying a bohemian reputation, the city became a counterculture magnet in the second half of the 20th century. From Art Deco to The Grateful Dead, and the center of the dot-com boom at the end of the century, there has never been a dull moment in this picturesque city by the Bay.
Airport (SFO) transfer in, Discover America’s most picturesque and culturally diverse city – San Francisco. Highlights include: Civic Center, Twin Peaks, Golden Gate Park, Golden Gate Bridge, Palace of Fine Arts, Fisherman’s Wharf, Market Street and Chinatown.
** Please arrange the arrival time in San Francisco (SFO) airport before 11am, for all customers joining the SF City Tour at the same day. Any arrival after 11am, the city tour will be considered voluntary forfeit and no refunds will be given.
Hotel: Hotel Focus SFO Red Roof Inn SFO or similar
Head north and drive through California’s wine country – Napa Valley on the way to the Redwood National Forest. The forest is home to world’s tallest trees: old-growth coast redwoods. The trees can live to be 2000 years old and grow to over 300 feet tall. Spruce, hemlock, douglas-fir, berry bushes, and sword ferns create a multiple canopied understory that towers over all visitors. In the afternoon, enter the Redwood National Forest as highlights include: Chandelier Tree, Tree Shop, Founder’s Tree Grove, and the Avenue of Giants. Overnight stay in Eureka.
Hotel: Red Lion Hotel or similar
Visit Crater Lake National Park. The lake was formed after the collapse of Mount Mazama -an ancient volcano that erupted approximately 7,700 years ago. The lake is 6 miles long, 4 miles wide and 1932 feet deep. Overnight stay in Klamath Falls.
Hotel: Days Inn or similar
Driving through the picturesque Klamath river basin, you will arrive at foothills of Mt Shasta. At the elevation of 14,179 feet, it is the highest peak in Northern California covered by snow all year round. Then continue to visit Burney Falls once described as “Eighth wonder of the world” by President Theodore Roosevelt. It is unique in that much of the falls comes out of the middle of the face of the cliff. Burney Falls is not the highest or largest, but definitely one of the most beautiful waterfalls on our planet. Head back to Bay Area after the tour.
Hotel: Red Roof Inn or Hotel Focus SFO or similar
Transfer to the largest metropolitan area in California, Los Angeles. Stop by the historical landmarks of Hollywood, as well as Hollywood Blvd., Chinese Theater and the Dolby Theater complex (which is now the permanent home for the Oscars) and the Walt Disney Concert Hall.
Hotel: Holiday Inn or Knott’s Berry Farm Hotel or similar
From the mind of Walt Disney, enjoy a full day in Disneyland- a theme park suitable for all ages.
San Diego City Tour
In the morning, drive along the deep blue Pacific Ocean from the hotel to the second largest city in California, San Diego. This Southern Californian city is known for its U.S. Pacific Fleet naval base; containing a huge number & variety of warships that are anchored in the bay. We will cross the port from downtown by way of the San Diego Bay Bridge onto the beautiful & tranquil Coronado Island. From the center of the island you have expansive views overlooking downtown San Diego, giving you a spectacular overview of the city’s architecture. Heading back to downtown, you will pass the Hotel del Coronado. This world-famous luxury hotel was built in the Wooden Victorian style in the 1800s, and has since become a National Landmark. Many world leaders and celebrities have been frequent visitors. After lunch the tour will visit the Navy Memorial Park where you can take pictures of the aircraft carriers. If you want to board one, a ticket must be purchased at the passenger’s own expense. After, visit Balboa Park and enjoy the luscious botanical gardens and Spanish Baroque architecture lining the long promenades. Finally we will reach the birthplace of California – Old Town, where you will feel as if you stepped back in time as you walk among the classic Mexican Pueblos and shops offering many Latin American souvenirs and handicrafts.
Hotel: Holiday Inn or Knott’s Berry Farm Hotel or similar
Experience movie magic at its best. The studio theme park has attractions including Shrek and Jurassic Park, with various shows and performances throughout the day. Get an inside look at the sets and uncover the behind-the-scenes secrets of legendary films in the studio tour. After tour, transfer to airport.
** Please arrange your air-ticket departure from Los Angeles (LAX) airport after 11pm.
– OR ** extend your trip an extra night at Holiday Inn Select La Mirada or Knott’s Berry Farm Hotel, Day 8: Bus transfer to San Francisco, additional charges: $55 per person
* For passengers encountering flight delays to while transiting at another airport, it would be necessary to call our office: 800-910-9888 to let us know the status of the flight to ensure a smooth transfer in.
* All passengers must purchase Theme Park tickets (Disneyland & Universal Studios) from Lassen Tours. Passengers with own admission ticket must pay the transportation and service fee to Lassen Tours at $48.00 per person.
* Hotel rooms are typically designed and equipped for two travelers. They usually feature a queen- or king-sized bed or two double beds, which are meant to provide adequate comfort for two travelers.
* 3rd person, 4th person or child must share with the 1st & 2nd travelers in the same room (2 double beds). Extra beds, extra items and services (such as extra toiletries and towels) will not be provided.
* Hotels limit occupancy based on local or state fire codes, no more than 4 people to occupy a hotel room, regardless of the ages of the occupants.
* Child fare: for children 2 years of age and above, occupying the same room with 2 adults.
* Children under 2 years old will be charged $25 per day for mandatory General Liability Insurance. It is also to guarantee a seat for the child. If the parents prefer to hold the child, it is considered as forfeiting the seat, but the $25 per day General Liability Insurance will still be charged.
* National Park Admission
* San Francisco Airport Transfer Service (one way from SFO)
– Please arrange your arrival time in San Francisco (SFO) before 11am if you want to join the SF city tour on day 1. Any arrival after 11am, the city tour will be considered voluntary forfeit and no refunds will be given.
* Los Angeles Airport Transfer Service (one way to LAX)
– Please arrange your flight departure from Los Angeles (LAX) airport after 11pm.
* Optional Tours (Mandatory Purchase from Lassen)
* San Francisco Bay Cruise – Adult $32, Child (5-17) $22
* Disneyland – Prices are subject to the official website.
* Universal Studios – Prices are subject to the official website.
* San Diego City Tour – Adult $78, Child (2-11) $68
A surcharge will be applied to all San Francisco hotels on the following high demand (check-in) dates in 2018 (subject to change anytime):
— Aug 29
— Sep 11, 12, 18, 19, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
— Oct 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16,17, 18, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 27
— Nov 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
— Dec 4, 5, 11, 12, 31
San Francisco Airport (SFO) Pick-up Points:
* Domestic flights and flights from Canada with AA or Virgin America – From Baggage Claim area, please exit the building and turn right, walk 50 meters to“COURTYARD # 3”
* Domestic flights and flights from Canada with UA – From Baggage Claim area, please exit the building and turn right, walk 50 meters to“COURTYARD # 4”
* Domestic flights and flights from Canada with all other airlines – From baggage claim area, please exit the building and turn left, then walk 50 meters to “COURTYARD # 1”
* Domestic flights with Jet Blue – From Baggage Claim area, take the elevator to the 1st floor. Exit the elevator to “COURTYARD # A”
* International flights – Exit the U.S. Customs area and turn left, take the elevator to the 1st floor at the end of the walkway. Exit the elevator to “COURTYARD # A”
*Without Flight: Please contact Lassen $415-421-2171 for the Local pick-up Location and Time