Arrive Salt Lake City airport (SLC), take the hotel complimentary shuttle bus transfer from airport to hotel. Today free time on your own.
Hotel: Hotel RL by Red Lion Salt Lake City
Address: 161 W 600 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Hotel Tel: (801) 521-7373
Hotel: Hotel RL by Red Lion Salt Lake City or similar
11:00am, departure from hotel, travel along the Wasatch Mountains and pass through land of scorched rocks. These lava fields of barren expanse have been underlain by rhyolite and overlain by basalt over thousands of years. Overnight in West Yellowstone.
Hotel: Yellowstone Country Inn or White Buffalo or Travelers Lodge or similar
Visit Yellowstone National Park, the first and oldest National Park in the world. Highlights include: Grand Canyon of Yellowstone, Fountain Paint Pot Geyser Basin, Midway Geyser Basin, and the most famous one of all, the “Old Faithful”. There are various wildlife that calls the park its home, such as the bison, moose, and the grizzly bear. Continue on to Grand Teton National Park, the tallest peak rises to 13,770 feet and twelve of the peaks in Teton reach above 12,000 feet and support a dozen mountain glaciers. Then tour the town of Jackson, beautiful arches made of elk antlers decorate the central plaza in this town with plenty of shops and restaurants around the area. Overnight stay in Pocatello.
Hotel: Clarion Hotel or similar
Upon arrival in Salt Lake City, tour the famous Temple Square and learn about the Mormon settlement in depth. In the Afternoon, head to Bryce Canyon National Park. The limited archaeological findings indicate that this area was used primarily for hunting with most habitation in the river valleys below. Over time, erosion has carved colorful limestone into thousands of spires, fins, arches and mazes. The formations collectively called “hoodoos,” and are arranged and tinted with various colors.
Hotel: Bryce View Lodge or similar
Head to Antelope Canyon in the morning. (Optional: Lower Antelope Canyon). It is known as a slot canyon in which rainwater runs into the extensive basin above the slot canyon sections. As the water rushes into the narrow passageways, over time the passageways are eroded away, making the corridors deeper and into what you would experience today. The sunlight filtering down from the top makes magical and beautiful patterns and shadows on the curved sandstone walls. Then hike to Horse Shoe Bend, where Colorado River makes a horseshoe shaped bend at the beginning of the Grand Canyon. The view is breathtaking but watch your footing as there are no guard rails at viewpoint. Continue to Zion National Park. The name Zion is a Hebrew word meaning a place of refuge. Experience the dramatic landscape of sculptured canyons and soaring cliffs. Arrive in Las Vegas in the evening and accommodations will be at the Excalibur Hotel, named for the mythical sword of King Arthur. Immerse yourself in the castle themed resort right in the middle of the Las Vegas Strip. Choose from one of the many eateries on the property, including the Roundtable Buffet, or head down the Strip and stop by one of the other world famous casino hotels.
Hotel: Excalibur Hotel and Casino or Hooters Casino Hotel or similar
Option 1: Grand Canyon South Rim
The Grand Canyon offers one of the most spectacular examples of erosion not found anywhere in the world. Grand Canyon National Park is a designated World Heritage Site and is unmatched in the incomparable vistas that it offers to visitors on the rim. You will be overwhelmed by the size, the color and the sound of the Canon carved for millions of years by the Colorado River. You might want to fly helicopter over the Grand Canyon, which is surely one of the greatest thrills of your life.
Option 2 Grand Canyon West Rim “The Skywalk”
Your journey begins from stopping by the Magnificent Hoover Dam and then on to the Majestic Hualapai Indian Reservation where is located at the West Rim of the Grand Canyon. You can walk along the rim of this great wonder of nature – unblemished by modern civilization. You may walk on the Skywalk (Optional tour). David Jin, the man who conceived and funded Skywalk makes this U-shaped platform, which extends 70ft over the edge and about 4,000 feet over the canyon floor. You may also elect to take a Helicopter ride flight into the Grand Canyon & cruise along the Colorado River aboard a pontoon boat (Optional tour).
Hotel: Excalibur Hotel and Casino or Hooters Casino Hotel or similar
– You can self dismiss at Las Vegas today, hotel check out time is 11 am.
– For tour passengers who would like to have a transfer service from Las Vegas to Los Angeles, service fee is $35 per person.
– For tour passengers who would like to have a transfer service from Las Vegas to San Francisco, service fee is $55 per person.
* Hotel rooms are typically designed and equipped for two travelers. They usually feature a queen- or king-sized bed or two double beds, which are meant to provide adequate comfort for two travelers.
* 3rd person, 4th person or child must share with the 1st & 2nd travelers in the same room (2 double beds). Extra beds, extra items and services (such as extra toiletries and towels) will not be provided.
* Hotels limit occupancy based on local or state fire codes, no more than 4 people to occupy a hotel room, regardless of the ages of the occupants.
* Child fare: for children 2 years of age and above, occupying the same room with 2 adults.
* Children under 2 years old will be charged $25 per day for mandatory General Liability Insurance. It is also to guarantee a seat for the child. If the parents prefer to hold the child, it is considered as forfeiting the seat, but the $25 Per day General Liability Insurance will still be charged.
*To ensure smooth operation of our tours, Lassen Tours reserves the right to change the order in which tours are conducted.
* Take the hotel complimentary shuttle bus transfer from airport to hotel.
– Please arrange your air ticket to Salt Lake City (SLC). Today free time on your own.
*100.00 Per Person Mandatory Fee for Great Salt Lake , Yellowstone National Park, Grand Teton, Bryce National Park, Zion National Park, HorseShoe bend, Glen Canyon Recreation Area
* Optional Tours (Mandatory Purchase from Lassen)
—-Las Vegas Night Tour – Adult $35, Child (2-11) $25
—- Grand Canyon [South Rim] – $50 per person(excludes lunch)
—-I-Max at Grand Canyon South – $13 per person
—-Grand Canyon South Rim Helicopter Ride – $230 per person
—-Grand Canyon [West Rim] – $80 per person(excludes lunch)
—-Grand Canyon West Rim Skywalk – $30 per person
—-Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Ride – $188 per person
—-Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter and Boat Tour – $220 per person
—-Lower Antelope Canyon: Adult $58, Child (8-12 ) $48
Trail involves ladder climbing (from 3 ft. to 25 ft.) at your own risk. Notify the tour guide if you can not attend.