The geologic forces of heat, pressure, deposition, uplift and erosion have combined with millions of years of time to create the spectacular setting for the carving of Mount Rushmore. The rocks which form and surround the memorial are part of the crystalline core of the Black Hills, the oldest rocks in South Dakota and among the oldest in the western United States.
Carved into the southeast face of a mountain in South Dakota are the faces of four presidents, a memorial to American history. The faces of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt and Abraham Lincoln look down from their stoney heights and remind everyone that even the impossible is possible.
Each president possessed great skills and leadership of the brand our nation needed for the times they represent. We all can look into their faces and gain inspiration and strength from these four great men and ourselves.
Arrive Salt Lake City airport (SLC), take the hotel complimentary shuttle bus transfer from airport to hotel. Today free time on your own.
Hotel: Hotel RL by Red Lion Salt Lake City or similar
11:00am, departure from hotel, travel along the Emigration Canyon into Echo Canyon, visit the once traveled Oregon Trail. The trail represents the only corridor to the West. 1843 was known as “The great migration” and over the next 25 years more than a half million people went west on the Trail. The highlights of the trail also includes: the historical landmarks of Independence Rock, Devil’s Gate. Overnight stay in Casper.
Hotel: Parkway Plaza Hotel or similar
Travel to Crazy Horse Memorial in the morning. You will witness the world’s largest mountain sculpture in progress. Rising over 563 feet high, Crazy Horse has come to represent the freedom of the Native American spirit. Then visit Mount Rushmore National Memorial, a monumental granite sculpture by Gutzon Borglum. The monument represents the first 150 years of the history of the United States of America with 60-foot (18 m) sculptures of the heads of former United States presidents : George Washington , Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt and Abraham Lincoln. Continue to Devil’s Tower National Monument. ‘Bear Lodge’ was the Native American name for the Tower. This 865 foot column- a remnant of a volcanic eruption was renamed in 1875 by a scientific team escorted by Col. Richard I. Dodge. Overnight stay in Gillette.
Hotel: Ramada or similar
Travel to Yellowstone National Park, the first and oldest National Park in the United States. Highlights include: Yellowstone Canyon, Yellowstone Falls, Mud Volcano, Mammoth Hot Springs. There are also various wildlife that inhabits the Park from bison, elk, moose, and bear. Over night stay in West Yellowstone.
Hotel: Yellowstone Country Inn or Dude & Roundup or Travelers Lodge or similar
Continue visit Yellowstone National Park: the Old Faithful Geyser, Rainbow Pool. Then head to Grand Teton National Park. The tallest peak rises to 13,770 feet. Twelve of the peaks in Teton reach above 12,000 feet and support a dozen mountain glaciers. In the afternoon visit the state of Wyoming and visit the western town of Jackson Hole. Arches made of elk antlers decorate the central plaza in this town with plenty of shops and restaurants around the area. Over night stay in Salt Lake City.
Hotel: Hotel RL by Red Lion Salt Lake City or similar
Visit Utah State Capitol Building and Temple Square. Our tour ends in Salt Lake City, please take hotel’s complimentary shuttle to airport for your return flight.
** Please arrange your return flight from Salt Lake City (SLC) after 12PM.
YELLOWSTONE SERIES BUS TOUR CANCELLATION AND MODIFICATION POLICY :
* Cancellations, Modifications, and Refunds: Cancellations, Modifications, and refunds requests MUST BE in writing and only take effect after the confirmation is received. The Refunds are calculated based on the following methods:
1) For Cancellations and Modifications received beyond 14 days prior to departure, $50 Cancellation/Modification fee per person + a Handling fee of $25.
2) For Cancellations and Modifications received beyond 8-14 days prior to departure, 50% Cancellation/Modification fee of total tour fare + a Handling fee of $50.
3) For Cancellations/Modifications received within 7 days to departure, no refunds and tour rearrangement.
4) If the 3rd or/and 4th persons fail to show up while 3 or 4 passengers sharing one room, those who are in the same room MUST pay penalty equivalent to 4th person’s tour fares on board the bus.
* Hotel rooms are typically designed and equipped for two travelers. They usually feature a queen- or king-sized bed or two double beds, which are meant to provide adequate comfort for two travelers.
* 3rd person, 4th person or child must share with the 1st & 2nd travelers in the same room (2 double beds). Extra beds, extra items and services (such as extra toiletries and towels) will not be provided.
* Hotels limit occupancy based on local or state fire codes, no more than 4 people to occupy a hotel room, regardless of the ages of the occupants.
* All hotel room are NON-SMOKING, any violations are fined $300.00 ~ $500.00
* Child fare: for children 2 years of age and above, occupying the same room with 2 adults.
* Children under 2 years old will be charged $25 per day for mandatory General Liability Insurance.
* To ensure the safety of children, anyone that is under 8 years of age/ Less 60 lbs must have a car seat. (Car seat is available for rent for $25 a day—-must make reservation ahead of time).
* To ensure smooth operation of our tours, Lassen Tours reserves the right to change the order in which tours are conducted.
* Transportation with Liability Insurance ( Bus/Van)
* Take the hotel complimentary shuttle bus transfer from airport to hotel.
– Please arrange your round-trip air ticket to Salt Lake City (SLC). Today free time on your own.
* Take hotel’s complimentary shuttle to airport for your return flight.
– Please arrange your return flight from Salt Lake City (SLC) after 12PM.
* Optional tours(Mandatory purchase from Lassen)
Mandatory Fees (CASH PAYMENT ONLY)
* $100.00 Per Person Mandatory Fee for Devil’s Tower, Mount Rushmore, Yellowstone National Park,Crazy Horse, Grand Teton National Park