Southwestern United States provides some of the most beautiful and amazing sceneries on Earth. Standing tall through the ashes of time, red sandstone pillars of Monument Valley symbolizes the once untamed West.
Arches National Park contains the world's largest concentration of natural stone arches. This National Park is a red, arid desert, punctuated with oddly eroded sandstone forms such as fins, pinnacles, spires, balanced rocks, and arches. The 73,000-acre region has over 2,000 of these "miracles of nature" that's not to be missed.
We will depart the Bay Area in the morning and drive to Las Vegas. We will reach Las Vegas in the evening and check into the hotel upon arrival. Tonight will be to your leisure. Accommodations will be at the Excalibur Hotel & Casino, named for the mythical sword of King Arthur. Immerse yourself in the castle themed resort right in the middle of the Las Vegas Strip. Choose from one of the many eateries on the property, including the Roundtable Buffet, or head down the Strip and stop by one of the other world famous hotels.
Hotel: Excalibur Hotel and Casino or similar
Depart Las Vegas in the morning and visit arguably the two of the most scenic National parks in Southern Utah. Zion is colored with reddish and tan colored sandstone with soaring cliffs and great canyon. Contrast to Zion, Bryce is not a true canyon, but an Amphitheatre of magnificent red rock formations within the high Colorado Plateau created by erosion. Dense eroded columns known as hoodoos, create an out of this world landscape. These two National parks are truly a photographers’ heaven. Tonight, we will stay in the town of Bryce Canyon City.
Hotel: Bryce View Lodge or Similar
Utah contains one of the largest concentrations of natural sandstones in the world. The arches and numerous other extraordinary geologic features, such as spires, pinnacles, pedestals and balanced rocks, are highlighted in striking foreground and background views created by contrasting colors, landforms and textures. The park is 73,379 acres in size. hike the famous “delicate arch” in the late afternoon hour. Overnight stay in Monticello.
Hotel: The Inn at the Canyon or Similar
In the morning, we will visit Monument Valley which is characterized by a cluster of vast and iconic sandstone buttes, mesas and spires. It is the most photographed place in America Southwest and has been featured in many western movies and TV commercials since 1930s. We may have a chance to take the optional jeep rides to see all the famous scenes led by the Navajo Indians. We will continue to visit Antelope Canyon (Optional Tour). The canyon is known as a slot canyon in which rainwater rushes into the narrow passageways, making the canyon deeper and deeper. The sunlight bounces back and forth on the sandstone walls, creating beautiful display of colors. Proceed to spectacular Lake Powell, a reservoir on the Colorado River, straddling the border between Utah and Arizona. It is the second largest man-made reservoir in the United States behind Lake Mead. Continue to Horse Shoe Bend where Colorado River makes a 270 degree turn. A short walk to edge and the view is awesome, spectacular and jaw dropping.
Hotel: Quality Inn /Green Tree Inn Flagstaff or Similar
Depart in the morning for the Grand Canyon, which offers one of the most spectacular examples of erosion not found anywhere in the world. Grand Canyon National Park is a designated World Heritage Site and is unmatched in the incomparable vistas that it offers to visitors on the rim. You will be dwarfed by the size of the Grand Canyon measuring 277 miles long, 10 miles wide and 1 mile deep. We will arrive in Las Vegas in the evening.
Hotel: Excalibur Hotel and Casino or Similar
Leaving Las Vegas towards San Francisco, we will travel by the world’s largest solar power plant with 340,000 solar panels planted into the vast sea of sand. While crossing the Mojave Desert, you will see Edwards Air Force Base at the distance, where the sound barrier was broken for the first time in history and where US space shuttles landed on several occasions. Looking up at the sky, you might perhaps catch a glimpse of U.S. newest aircraft on training mission. Then you will pass by California’s largest windmill farm on Tehachapi Mountain. While travelling across the Central Valley, you will learn about California agriculture that produces more than half of nation’s total of fruits, vegetables and nuts.
– You can self-dismiss at Las Vegas today, hotel check out time is 11 am.
– For tour passengers who would like to have a transfer service from Las Vegas to Los Angeles, service fee is $35 per person.
|TIME||CITY||LOCATION||ADDRESS & MAP|
|7:30 am||San Francisco||Lassen Tour & Travel, Inc. (Union Square San Francisco)||391 Sutter St|
|8:00 am||Burlingame||Red Roof Inn SFO (Burlingame)||777 Airport Blvd|
|8:15 am||Oakland||Angel Feet Reflexology (Oakland)||441 9th St|
|9:00 am||Cupertino||Tectonic Architects & Builders (Cupertino)||10122 Bandley Dr|
|9:10 am||Fremont||Aberdeen Cafe (Fremont)||46881 Warm Springs Blvd|
|9:20 am||San Jose||Bai Xing Jia Hunan Fusion (San Jose)||1701 Lundy Ave|
|9:30 am||Milpitas||Ulferts Center (Milpitas)||668 Barber Ln|
* Hotel rooms are typically designed and equipped for two travelers. They usually feature a queen- or king-sized bed or two double beds, which are meant to provide adequate comfort for two travelers.
* 3rd person, 4th person or child must share with the 1st & 2nd travelers in the same room (2 double beds). Extra beds, extra items and services (such as extra toiletries and towels) will not be provided.
* Hotels limit occupancy based on local or state fire codes, no more than 4 people to occupy a hotel room, regardless of the ages of the occupants.
* Child fare: for children 2 years of age and above, occupying the same room with 2 adults.
* Children under 2 years old will be charged $25 per day for mandatory General Liability Insurance. It is also to guarantee a seat for the child. If the parents prefer to hold the child, it is considered as forfeiting the seat, but the $25 Per day General Liability Insurance will still be charged.
* To ensure smooth operation of our tours, Lassen Tours reserves the right to change the order in which tours are conducted.
* Transportation with Liability Insurance
* $100.00 Per Person Mandatory admission Fee for Arches National Park, Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park,Grand Canyon National Park,Monument Valley, HorseShoe Bend, Glen Canyon Recreation Area
* Optional Tours (Mandatory Purchase from Lassen)
* Antelope Canyon – Adult $68, Child (3-11) $58
* Lake Powell Cruise – Adult $48, Child (2-12) $35
* Monument Valley Jeep Ride – $45 per person (Child Under 2 Free)
* I-Max at Grand Canyon South – $13 per person
* South Rim Grand Canyon Helicopter Ride- $230 per person