There are few places on earth that can command overwhelming awe from observers, but Crater Lake, in south central Oregon, certainly does. As mysterious as it is beautiful, stories of the deep blue lake can never prepare visitors for their first breathtaking look from the brink of this 6 mile wide caldera which was created by the eruption and collapse of Mt. Mazama almost 7,000 years ago. Even seasoned travelers gasp at the grand twenty-mile circle of cliffs, tinted in subtle shades and fringed with hemlock, fir, and pine: all this in a lake of indescribable blue.
Transfer from airport(SFO), stay over night in San Francisco.
* For passengers encountering flight delays to while transiting at another airport, it would be necessary to call our office: 800-910-9888 to let us know the status of the flight to ensure a smooth transfer in.
Hotel: Red Roof Inn SFO or Hotel Focus SFO or similar
Head north and drive through California’s wine country – Napa Valley on the way to the Redwood National Forest. The forest is home to world’s tallest trees: old-growth coast redwoods. The trees can live to be 2000 years old and grow to over 300 feet tall. Spruce, hemlock, douglas-fir, berry bushes, and sword ferns create a multiple canopied understory that towers over all visitors. In the afternoon, enter the Redwood National Forest as highlights include: Chandelier Tree, Tree Shop, Founder’s Tree Grove, and the Avenue of Giants. Overnight stay in Eureka.
Hotel: Red Lion Hotel or similar
Visit Crater Lake National Park. The lake was formed after the collapse of Mount Mazama -an ancient volcano that erupted approximately 7,700 years ago. The lake is 6 miles long, 4 miles wide and 1932 feet deep. Overnight stay in Klamath Falls.
Hotel: Days Inn or similar
Driving through the picturesque Klamath river basin, you will arrive at foothills of Mt Shasta. At the elevation of 14,179 feet, it is the highest peak in Northern California covered by snow all year round. Then continue to visit Burney Falls once described as “Eighth wonder of the world” by President Theodore Roosevelt. It is unique in that much of the falls comes out of the middle of the face of the cliff. Burney Falls is not the highest or largest, but definitely one of the most beautiful waterfalls on our planet. Head back to Bay Area after the tour.
Hotel: Red Roof Inn SFO or Hotel Focus SFO or similar
Discover one of America’s most picturesque and culturally diverse cities – San Francisco. Highlights include the Civic Center, Twin Peaks, Golden Gate Park, Golden Gate Bridge, Palace of Fine Arts, Fisherman’s Wharf, Market Street and Chinatown.
After the tour, we will transfer you to the San Francisco airport.
** Please arrange your air-ticket departure from San Francisco (SFO) airport after 8pm.
* For passengers encountering flight delays to while transiting at another airport, it would be necessary to call our office: 415-421-2171 to let us know the status of the flight to ensure a smooth transfer in.
* Hotel rooms are typically designed and equipped for two travelers. They usually feature a queen- or king-sized bed or two double beds, which are meant to provide adequate comfort for two travelers.
* 3rd person, 4th person or child must share with the 1st & 2nd travelers in the same room (2 double beds). Extra beds, extra items and services (such as extra toiletries and towels) will not be provided.
* Hotels limit occupancy based on local or state fire codes, no more than 4 people to occupy a hotel room, regardless of the ages of the occupants.
* All hotel room are NON-SMOKING, any violations are fined $300.00 ~ $500.00
* Child fare: for children 2 years of age and above, occupying the same room with 2 adults.
* Children under 2 years old will be charged $45 per day for mandatory General Liability Insurance. It is also to guarantee a seat for the child.
* To ensure the safety of children, anyone that is under 8 years of age/ Less 60 lbs must have a car seat. (Car seat is available for rent for $25 a day—-must make reservation ahead of time).
*To ensure smooth operation of our tours, Lassen Tours reserves the right to change the order in which tours are conducted.
Blockout dates : JUL 03, 2020
* Transportation ( Bus/Van)
* San Francisco Airport Transfer Service (one way from SFO)
– Airport pickup service 9am – 9pm, beyond this schedule, additional charge (one way) : 1st & 2nd person $100, the 3rd person and up additional $10 per person.
* San Francisco Airport Transfer Service (one way to SFO)
– Please arrange your air-ticket departure from San Francisco (SFO) airport after 8pm.
* Optional Tours (Mandatory Purchase from Lassen)
MANDATORY TOUR FEE (CASH PAYMENT ONLY) :
* Chandelier Drive-Thru Tree, McArthur-Burney Falls, Crater Lake National Park Admission : $40.00 per person
Optional Tours (CASH PAYMENT ONLY) :
San Francisco Bay Cruise – Adult $34, Child (5-17) $25.
A surcharge will be applied to all San Francisco hotels on the following high demand (check-in) dates in 2020,2021 (subject to change anytime):
Jan 6-7, 13-15
Feb 2-6, 23-27
Mar 9-11, 16-19, 28-31
Apr 6-8, 17-18, 27-29
Jun 2-3, 9-10
Jul 5-9, 20-22
Aug 15-19, 30-31
Sep 1-2, 9-10, 21-22
Oct 4-5, 25-26
Nov 8-11, 25-28
Jan 14-19, 26-28
San Francisco Airport (SFO) Pick-up Points:
* Domestic flights and flights from Canada with AA or Virgin America – From Baggage Claim area, please exit the building and turn right, walk 50 meters to“COURTYARD # 3”
* Domestic flights and flights from Canada with UA – From Baggage Claim area, please exit the building and turn right, walk 50 meters to“COURTYARD # 4”
* Domestic flights and flights from Canada with all other airlines – From baggage claim area, please exit the building and turn left, then walk 50 meters to “COURTYARD # 1”
* Domestic flights with Jet Blue – From Baggage Claim area, take the elevator to the 1st floor. Exit the elevator to “COURTYARD # A”
* International flights – Exit the U.S. Customs area and turn left, take the elevator to the 1st floor at the end of the walkway. Exit the elevator to “COURTYARD # A”
*Without Flight: Please contact Lassen #415-421-2171 for the Local pick-up Location and Time.