Welcome to San Francisco! From the humble origins of a small fishing village known as Yerba Buena, San Francisco grew rapidly due to the California gold rush starting in 1848. Devastated by the 1906 earthquake, San Francisco was rebuilt quickly. Long enjoying a bohemian reputation, the city became a counterculture magnet in the second half of the 20th century. From Art Deco to The Grateful Dead, and the center of the dot-com boom at the end of the century, there has never been a dull moment in this picturesque city by the Bay.
Then its on to Los Angeles, in many ways the quintessential American city. First Hollywoodthe dream factory where the globes celluloid miracles are born. And no trip to Southern California, or (some would argue) even North America would be complete without visiting nearby Disneylandthe original happiest land on earth. The next day, ride the movies at Universal studiosfrom white-knuckled thrill-rides to intriguing special-effects presentations. Let our guides take you into the them parks and guide you to the main attactions to save you time!
Airport (SFO) transfer in, Discover America’s most picturesque and culturally diverse city – San Francisco. Highlights include: Civic Center, Twin Peaks, Golden Gate Park, Golden Gate Bridge, Palace of Fine Arts, Fisherman’s Wharf, Market Street and Chinatown.
** Please arrange the arrival time in San Francisco (SFO) airport before 11am, for all customers joining the SF City Tour at the same day. Any arrival after 11am, the city tour will be considered voluntary forfeit and no refunds will be given.
Hotel: Red Roof Inn SFO or Hotel Focus SFO or similar
Transfer to the largest metropolitan area in California, Los Angeles. Stop by the historical landmarks of Hollywood, as well as Hollywood Blvd., Chinese Theater and the Dolby Theater complex (which is now the permanent home for the Oscars) and the Walt Disney Concert Hall.
Hotel: Holiday Inn or Knott’s Berry Farm Hotel or similar
From the mind of Walt Disney, enjoy a full day in Disneyland- a theme park suitable for all ages.
Remark: Disneyland Prices are subject to the official website.
———-San Diego City Tour
We will depart from the hotel and drive south along the Pacific Ocean heading to sunny San Diego, the second largest city in California. We will first stop by the U.S. Naval compound in San Diego harbor. Docked at Navy Pier is the USS Midway, the longest-serving aircraft carrier in U.S. Naval history from 1945 to 1997. After lunch, we will go to Coronado Island and drive by Hotel Del Coronado. This world-famous luxury hotel was built in the Wooden Victorian style in the 1800s, and has since become a National Landmark. It has been in numerous films and has hosted presidents, royal families, and leaders from around the world. Next we will move on to another National Landmark, Balboa Park. Enjoy the luscious botanical gardens and Spanish architecture lining the long promenades. After, we will visit Old Town San Diego, where you will feel as if you stepped back in time as you walk among the classic Mexican Pueblos and shops offering many Latin American souvenirs and handicrafts. In the evening we will drive back to Los Angeles along the Golden Coast; if you are lucky you may catch a sunset.
Remark: San Diego city tour – Adult $78, Child (2-11) $68
Hotel: Holiday Inn or Knott’s Berry Farm Hotel or similar
Experience movie magic at its best. The studio theme park has attractions including Shrek and Jurassic Park, with various shows and performances throughout the day. Get an inside look at the sets and uncover the behind-the-scenes secrets of legendary films in the studio tour.
Remark: Universal Studios Prices are subject to the official website.
———- Los Angeles City Tour
Driving through the vibrant Los Angeles Basin, you will visit Santa Monica, famous for sunshine, beach and vogue on the Pacific coast, where “Forrest Gump” and many other movies were filmed and where historical Route 66 ends. Continue to famous Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills known for haute couture fashion. Walking down the street paved with cobblestones appeared in the movie “pretty woman”, you might even come across Hollywood movie stars. Lunch will be at the famous farmer market. After lunch, we’ll visit downtown Los Angeles where you can experience the top of US Bank tower, one of the tallest buildings in the West (Fees Apply). Strolling on the observation deck, you will be overwhelmed by the panoramic 360-degree breathtaking view of the mighty metropolis. Thrill-seekers can ride Sky slide, a transparent glass slide in the air 1000 feet above the city. Then head to Los Angles Memorial Stadium, the site for 2028 summer Olympic Games. On the way, we’ll pass by “Angel Flight Railway” the filming location of the Movie “La La Land” and the famous University of Southern California whose School of Cinematic Arts has produced the most Oscar winners out of any institution in the world.
* Los Angeles city tour – Adult $68, Child (2-11) $63
*Skyspace – Adult (13+) $25, Child (age 3-12) $19, Senior (65+) $22
*Skyslide Combo Admission- Adult (13+) $33, Child (age 5-12) $27, Senior (65+) $30
After tour, transfer to airport.
** Please arrange your air-ticket departure from Los Angeles (LAX) airport after 11pm.
– OR ** extend your trip an extra night in Los Angeles, Day 5: Bus transfer to San Francisco, additional charges: $55 per person
* All passengers must purchase Theme Park tickets (Disneyland & Universal Studios) from Lassen Tours. Passengers with own admission ticket must pay the transportation and service fee to Lassen Tours at $28.00 per person.
* To ensure smooth operation of our tours, Lassen Tours reserves the right to change the order in which tours are conducted.
* Hotel rooms are typically designed and equipped for two travelers. They usually feature a queen- or king-sized bed or two double beds, which are meant to provide adequate comfort for two travelers.
* 3rd person, 4th person or child must share with the 1st & 2nd travelers in the same room (2 double beds). Extra beds, extra items and services (such as extra toiletries and towels) will not be provided.
* Hotels limit occupancy based on local or state fire codes, no more than 4 people to occupy a hotel room, regardless of the ages of the occupants.
* Child fare: for children 2 years of age and above, occupying the same room with 2 adults.
* Children under 2 years old will be charged $25 per day for mandatory General Liability Insurance. It is also to guarantee a seat for the child. If the parents prefer to hold the child, it is considered as forfeiting the seat, but the $25 Per day General Liability Insurance will still be charged.
*To ensure smooth operation of our tours, Lassen Tours reserves the right to change the order in which tours are conducted.
* Transportation with Liability Insurance
* San Francisco Airport Transfer Service (one way from SFO)
– Please arrange the arrival time in San Francisco (SFO) airport before 11am, for all customers joining the SF City Tour at the same day. Any arrival after 11am, the city tour will be considered voluntary forfeit and no refunds will be given.
* Los Angeles Airport Transfer Service (one way to LAX)
– Please arrange your air-ticket departure from Los Angeles (LAX) airport after 11pm.
* Optional Tours (Mandatory Purchase from Lassen)
* San Francisco Bay Cruise – Adult $32, Child (5-17) $22
* Disneyland: Prices are subject to the official website.
* Universal Studios: Prices are subject to the official website.
* San Diego City Tour – Adult $78, Child (2-11) $68
* Los Angeles City Tour – Adult $68, Child (2-11) $63
* Skyspace – Adult (13+) $25, Child (3-12) $19, Senior (65+) $22
* Skyslide Combo Admission- Adult (13+) $33, Child (5-12) $27, Senior (65+) $30
A surcharge will be applied to all San Francisco hotels on the following high demand (check-in) dates in 2018 (subject to change anytime):
Jan 7-9, 23-27
Feb 4-7, 10-16, 22-26
Mar 3-9, 17-22
Apr 7-11, 13-16, 30
May 1-2, 8-11, 13-16, 18-23, 29-31
Jun 7-11, 20-24
Aug 12-14, 26-29
Sep 5-9, 15-19, 24-29
Oct 12-16, 19-23, 27-31
Nov 8-11, 19-22, 28-30
Dec 2-4, 9-13
San Francisco Airport (SFO) Pick-up Points:
* Domestic Flight and Flight from Canada (AA or Virgin America): Exit from the baggage claim area and turn right, walk about 50 meters to “COURTYARD # 3”
* Domestic Flight and Flight from Canada (UA): Exit from the baggage claim area and turn right, walk about 50 meters to “COURTYARD # 4”
* Domestic Flight (Jet Blue): From the baggage claim area, take elevator to the 1st floor and exit to “COURTYARD # A”
* Domestic Flight and Flight from Canada (all other airlines): Exit from the baggage claim area and turn left, walk about 50 meters to “COURTYARD # 1”
* International Flight: Exit from the U.S. Customs area, turn left, take elevator to the 1st floor and exit to “COURTYARD # A”
*Without Flight: Please contact Lassen #415-421-2171 for the Local pick-up Location and Time