*Grand Canyon South
* Route 66
We will depart the Bay Area in the morning and drive to Las Vegas. Along the way, you will see dramatic changes in sceneries from coastal ranges to Central Valley and then to Mojave desert. We will drive through fertile farmland, see the largest windmill farm in California and pass by Edward Air Force Base where the space shuttles used to land on several occasions and where the sound barrier was broken fro the first time in history. We will reach Las Vegas in the evening and check into the hotel upon arrival. Tonight will be to your leisure. Immerse yourself in the castle themed resort right in the middle of the Las Vegas Strip or head down the Strip and visit many other world famous themed hotels.
Hotel: Excalibur Hotel and Casino or similar
The Grand Canyon offers one of the most spectacular examples of erosion not found anywhere in the world. Canyon
National Park is a designated World Heritage Site and is unmatched in the incomparable vistas that it offers to visitors on the rim. You will be dwarfed by the size of the Grand Canyon measuring 277 miles long, 10 miles wide and 1 mile deep.
Hotel: Quality Inn or similar
Driving through picturesque mountains and valleys, we arrive in Sedona surrounded by red rock formations. The surreal rust-red color of the spires, buttes and mesas will take your breath away. Voted “the most beautiful place in America”,
Sedona is considered the most sacred place on earth by Native Americans. All faiths come to experience the natural beauty and spiritual power of Sedona. Walking in unique downtown village, you will enjoy many art galleries, specialty gift stores and exquisite boutiques. Continue on to visit Seligman, an iconic little town known for classic American restaurants, souvenirs stores and historic buildings on old Route 66. Walking on America’s main street, “Get your kicks on Route 66”. Head to Las Vegas, after the tour
Hotel: Excalibur Hotel and Casino or similar
In the morning, depart Las Vegas towards San Francisco. We will travel by the world’s largest solar power plant with 340,000 solar panels planted into the vast sea of sand. While crossing the Mojave Desert, you will see Edwards Air Force Base at the distance, where the sound barrier was broken for the first time in history and where US space shuttles landed on several occasions. Looking up at the sky, you might perhaps catch a glimpse of U.S. newest aircraft on training mission. Then you will pass by California’s largest windmill farm on Tehachapi Mountain. In the afternoon, you will learn about California agriculture that produces more than half of nation’s total of fruits, vegetables and nuts while travelling through the fertile Central Valley. Arrive in the Bay Area in the evening.
– You can self dismiss at Las Vegas today, hotel check out time is 11 am.
– For tour passengers who would like to have a transfer service from Las Vegas to Los Angeles, service fee is $35 per person.
|TIME||CITY||LOCATION||ADDRESS & MAP|
|7:30 am||San Francisco||In Front of 391 Sutter (San Francisco)||391 Sutter St|
|8:00 am||Burlingame||Red Roof Inn SFO (Burlingame)||777 Airport Blvd|
|8:15 am||Oakland||Angel Feet Reflexology (Oakland)||441 9th St|
|9:00 am||Cupertino||Tectonic Architects & Builders (Cupertino)||10122 Bandley Dr|
|9:10 am||Fremont||Aberdeen Cafe (Fremont)||46881 Warm Springs Blvd|
|9:20 am||San Jose||Bai Xing Jia Hunan Fusion (San Jose)||1701 Lundy Ave|
|9:30 am||Milpitas||Ulferts Center (Milpitas)||668 Barber Ln|
* Hotel rooms are typically designed and equipped for two travelers. They usually feature a queen- or king-sized bed or two double beds, which are meant to provide adequate comfort for two travelers.
* 3rd person, 4th person or child must share with the 1st & 2nd travelers in the same room (2 double beds). Extra beds, extra items and services (such as extra toiletries and towels) will not be provided.
* Hotels limit occupancy based on local or state fire codes, no more than 4 people to occupy a hotel room, regardless of the ages of the occupants.
* All hotel room are NON-SMOKING, any violations are fined $300.00 ~ $500.00
* Child fare: for children 2 years of age and above, occupying the same room with 2 adults.
* Children under 2 years old will be charged $25 per day for mandatory General Liability Insurance.
* To ensure the safety of children, anyone that is under 8 years of age/ Less 60 lbs must have a car seat. (Car seat is available for rent for $25 a day—-must make reservation ahead of time).
* To ensure smooth operation of our tours, Lassen Tours reserves the right to change the order in which tours are conducted.
* Transportation (Bus/Van)
* Optional Tours(Mandatory Purchase from Lassen)
MANDATORY TOUR FEE (CASH PAYMENT ONLY) :
* Grand Canyon South/Sedona- $35 per person
Optional Tours (CASH PAYMENT ONLY) :
* I-Max at Grand Canyon South – $13 per person
* South Rim Grand Canyon Helicopter Ride – $230 per person