Antelope Canyon is the most-visited and most-photographed slot canyon in the American Southwest. It is located on Navajo land near Page, Arizona and was formed by sandstone erosion, primarily due to flash flooding. Rainwater, especially during monsoon season, runs into the extensive basin above the slot canyon sections, picking up speed and sand as it rushes into the narrow passageways. Over time the passageways are eroded away, making the corridors deeper and smoothing hard edges in such a way as to form characteristic 'flowing' shapes in the rock. This amazingly scenic itinerary also includes visits to both Bryce Canyon National Park and Zion National Park.
We will depart the Bay Area in the morning and drive to Las Vegas. We will reach Las Vegas in the evening and check into the hotel upon arrival. Tonight will be to your leisure. Accommodations will be at the Excalibur Hotel & Casino, named for the mythical sword of King Arthur. Immerse yourself in the castle themed resort right in the middle of the Las Vegas Strip. Choose from one of the many eateries on the property, including the Roundtable Buffet, or head down the Strip and stop by one of the other world famous hotels.
Hotel: Hooters or Excalibur Hotel and Casino or similar
Depart Las Vegas in the morning and visit arguably the two of the most scenic National parks in Southern Utah. Zion is colored with reddish and tan-colored sandstone with soaring cliffs and great basins. Contrast that to Bryce which is not a true canyon, but an amphitheater of magnificent red rock formations within the high Colorado Plateau created by erosion. Each dense eroded columns known as hoodoos, create an out of this world landscape. These two National parks are truly a photographers’ heaven.
Hotel: Quality Inn or similar
Horse Shoe Bend where Colorado River makes a 270 degree turn. A short walk to edge and the view is awesome, spectacular and jaw dropping. Depart Page in the morning and visit Lake Powell, a reservoir on the Colorado River, straddling the border between Utah and Arizona. It is the second largest man-made reservoir in the United States behind Lake Mead, storing 24,322,000 acre feet (30 km³) of water when full. We may have a chance to take an optional cruise on the scenic Lake in the morning. We will continue to visit Antelope Canyon. The canyon is know as a slot canyon in which rainwater, especially during monsoon season, runs into the extensive basin above the slot canyon sections, as the water rushes into the narrow passageways, over time the passageways are eroded away, making the corridors deeper and into what you would experience today. We will travel back to Las Vegas in the afternoon.
Hotel: Hooters or Excalibur Hotel and Casino or similar
In the morning, depart Las Vegas towards San Francisco. We will travel by the world’s largest solar power plant with 340,000 solar panels planted into the vast sea of sand. While crossing the Mojave Desert, you will see Edwards Air Force Base at the distance, where the sound barrier was broken for the first time in history and where US space shuttles landed on several occasions. Looking up at the sky, you might perhaps catch a glimpse of U.S. newest aircraft on training mission. Then you will pass by California’s largest windmill farm on Tehachapi Mountain. In the afternoon, you will learn about California agriculture that produces more than half of nation’s total of fruits, vegetables and nuts while travelling through the fertile Central Valley. Arrive in the Bay Area in the evening.
– You can self dismiss at Las Vegas today, hotel check out time is 11 am.
– For tour passengers who would like to have a transfer service from Las Vegas to Los Angeles, service fee is $35 per person.
|TIME||CITY||LOCATION||ADDRESS & MAP|
|7:30 am||San Francisco||Lassen Tour & Travel, Inc. (Union Square San Francisco)||391 Sutter St|
|8:00 am||Burlingame||Red Roof Inn SFO (Burlingame)||777 Airport Blvd|
|8:15 am||Oakland||Angel Feet Reflexology (Oakland)||441 9th St|
|9:00 am||Cupertino||Tectonic Architects & Builders (Cupertino)||10122 Bandley Dr|
|9:10 am||Fremont||Aberdeen Cafe (Fremont)||46881 Warm Springs Blvd|
|9:20 am||San Jose||Bai Xing Jia Hunan Fusion (San Jose)||1701 Lundy Ave|
|9:30 am||Milpitas||Ulferts Center (Milpitas)||668 Barber Ln|
* Christmas Special departure 12/27/2018 – 2 NIGHTS STAY AT EXCALIBUR HOTEL LAS VEGAS, 1 NIGHT STAY AT QUALITY INN AT LAKE POWELL
* Hotel rooms are typically designed and equipped for two travelers. They usually feature a queen- or king-sized bed or two double beds, which are meant to provide adequate comfort for two travelers.
* 3rd person, 4th person or child must share with the 1st & 2nd travelers in the same room (2 double beds). Extra beds, extra items and services (such as extra toiletries and towels) will not be provided.
* Hotels limit occupancy based on local or state fire codes, no more than 4 people to occupy a hotel room, regardless of the ages of the occupants.
* Child fare: for children 2 years of age and above, occupying the same room with 2 adults.
* Children under 2 years old will be charged $25 per day for mandatory General Liability Insurance. It is also to guarantee a seat for the child. If the parents prefer to hold the child, it is considered as forfeiting the seat, but the $25 Per day General Liability Insurance will still be charged.
* To ensure smooth operation of our tours, Lassen Tours reserves the right to change the order in which tours are conducted.
* National Park Admission
* Horseshoe Bend
* Optional Tours(Mandatory Purchase from Lassen)
* Antelope Canyon – Adult $68, Child (3-11) $58
* Lake Powell Cruise – Adult $48, Child (2-12) $35