There are few places on earth that can command overwhelming awe from observers, but Crater Lake, in south central Oregon, certainly does. As mysterious as it is beautiful, stories of the deep blue lake can never prepare visitors for their first breathtaking look from the brink of this 6 mile wide caldera which was created by the eruption and collapse of Mt. Mazama almost 7,000 years ago. Even seasoned travelers gasp at the grand twenty-mile circle of cliffs, tinted in subtle shades and fringed with hemlock, fir, and pine: all this in a lake of indescribable blue.
Head north and drive through California’s wine country – Napa Valley on the way to the Redwood National Forest. The forest is home to world’s tallest trees: old-growth coast redwoods. The trees can live to be 2000 years old and grow to over 300 feet tall. Spruce, hemlock, douglas-fir, berry bushes, and sword ferns create a multiple canopied understory that towers over all visitors. In the afternoon, enter the Redwood National Forest as highlights include: Chandelier Tree, Tree Shop, Founder’s Tree Grove, and the Avenue of Giants. Overnight stay in Eureka.
Hotel: Red Lion Hotel or similar
Visit Crater Lake National Park. The lake was formed after the collapse of Mount Mazama -an ancient volcano that erupted approximately 7,700 years ago. The lake is 6 miles long, 4 miles wide and 1932 feet deep. Overnight stay in Klamath Falls.
Hotel: Days Inn or similar
Driving through the picturesque Klamath river basin, you will arrive at foothills of Mt Shasta. At the elevation of 14,179 feet, it is the highest peak in Northern California covered by snow all year round. Then continue to visit Burney Falls once described as “Eighth wonder of the world” by President Theodore Roosevelt. It is unique in that much of the falls comes out of the middle of the face of the cliff. Burney Falls is not the highest or largest, but definitely one of the most beautiful waterfalls on our planet. Head back to Bay Area after the tour.
|TIME||CITY||LOCATION||ADDRESS & MAP|
|7:00 am||Milpitas||Ulferts Center (Milpitas)||668 Barber Ln|
|7:10 am||San Jose||Bai Xing Jia Hunan Fusion (San Jose)||1701 Lundy Ave|
|7:20 am||Fremont||Aberdeen Cafe (Fremont)||46881 Warm Springs Blvd|
|7:20 am||Cupertino||Tectonic Architects & Builders (Cupertino)||10122 Bandley Dr|
|8:00 am||Burlingame||Red Roof Inn SFO (Burlingame)||777 Airport Blvd|
|8:30 am||San Francisco||Lassen Tours (Union Square San Francisco)||391 Sutter St.|
|9:00 am||Oakland||Angel Feet Reflexology (Oakland)||441 9th St|
|9:20 am||El Cerrito||Ranch 99 Supermarket (El Cerrito)||3288 Pierce St|
* Hotel rooms are typically designed and equipped for two travelers. They usually feature a queen- or king-sized bed or two double beds, which are meant to provide adequate comfort for two travelers.
* 3rd person, 4th person or child must share with the 1st & 2nd travelers in the same room (2 double beds). Extra beds, extra items and services (such as extra toiletries and towels) will not be provided.
* Hotels limit occupancy based on local or state fire codes, no more than 4 people to occupy a hotel room, regardless of the ages of the occupants.
* All hotel room are NON-SMOKING, any violations are fined $300.00 ~ $500.00
* Child fare: for children 2 years of age and above, occupying the same room with 2 adults.
* Children under 2 years old will be charged $25 per day for mandatory General Liability Insurance.
* To ensure the safety of children, anyone that is under 8 years of age/ Less 60 lbs must have a car seat. (Car seat is available for rent for $25 a day—-must make reservation ahead of time).
* To ensure smooth operation of our tours, Lassen Tours reserves the right to change the order in which tours are conducted.
* Transportation (Bus/ Van)
Mandatory Admission fee (CASH PAYMENT ONLY) starting from April 2019:
* Chandelier Drive-Thru Tree,McArthur-Burney Falls, Crater Lake National Park Admission : $20.00 per person