From the mountains to the sea, this two day itinerary visits the Pt. Reyes National Seashore, Napa, Sacramento, and Marshall Historic State Park. From dramatic coastlines to the cypress tree tunnel, Pt. Reyes National Seashore area makes for amazing photo ops for anyone looking to capture incredible photos. As you travel further inland and into the famous Napa Valley, you see why this climate allows for the creation of the most fantastic wines. Then onto the state capital in Sacramento where we take you back in time to see some of the most historic sites from the California gold rush history.
In the morning, we will travel to Pt Reyes National Seashore. Located in Marin Country, this vast protected coastline is dotted with picturesque trails and views of the California Coast. You will have time to enjoy the many photo ops that surrounds this area. Among one unique photo op is the Cypress Tree Tunnel. After the visit to the Pt. Reyes National Seashore, we will travel to Napa Valley and visit Roots Run Deep Winery (Wine Tasting $25/p.p. Optional). Then onto our state capital Sacramento where we will spend the evening.
Hotel: Red Roof Inn or Similar
James W. Marshall discovered gold in 1848 on the South Fork of the American River in the valley. We begin our day to visit Marshall Gold Discovery State Park. Relive what it was like to be a 49er. You may have a chance to pan for gold yourself (optional). Bring your own pan from home, or pans can be purchased in the Gold Rush Mercantile in the museum building. After the visit, we will head back to Sacramento where you will have a chance to see downtown and the state capitol building. Then visit the Leland Stanford Mansion State Historic Park. The mansion served as the state’s executive office and living quarters for the former governor of California during his tenure. Continuing with our gold rush era theme, the final stop on the tour is a visit to old town Sacramento. From cobblestone streets to horse-drawn carriages, old town is a step back in time to the pioneer spirit of California. We will travel back to the bay after the visit.
|TIME||CITY||LOCATION||ADDRESS & MAP|
|7:50 am||Milpitas||Ulferts Center (Milpitas)||668 Barber Ln Milpitas, CA 95035|
|8:20 am||Cupertino||Marina Food Supermarket (Cupertino)||10122 Bandley Dr Cupertino, CA 95014|
|8:50 am||Burlingame||Red Roof Inn SFO ( Burlingame)||777 Airport Blvd Burlingame, CA 94010|
|10:00 am||San Francisco||391 Sutter (San Francisco)||391 Sutter St San Francisco, CA 94108|
* Hotel rooms are typically designed and equipped for two travelers. They usually feature a queen- or king-sized bed or two double beds, which are meant to provide adequate comfort for two travelers.
* 3rd person, 4th person or child must share with the 1st & 2nd travelers in the same room (2 double beds). Extra beds, extra items and services (such as extra toiletries and towels) will not be provided.
* Hotels limit occupancy based on local or state fire codes, no more than 4 people to occupy a hotel room, regardless of the ages of the occupants.
* All hotel room are NON-SMOKING, any violations are fined $300.00 ~ $500.00
* Child fare: for children 2 years of age and above, occupying the same room with 2 adults.
* Children under 2 years old will be charged $25 per day for mandatory General Liability Insurance.
* To ensure the safety of children, anyone that is under 8 years of age or less than 60lbs must have a car seat. (Car seat is available for rent for $25 a day—-must make reservation ahead of time).
*To ensure smooth operation of our tours, Lassen Tours reserves the right to change the order in which tours are conducted.
* Transportation (Bus/Van)
* Tour Guide Services