On Saturday October 5th, 2019 this once a year departure date, join us for this 24th annual Santa Ynez Chumash Inter-Tribal Pow Wow at the Live Oak campground in Santa Barbara. Try different variety of foods and check out the hand-made native crafts. This is a great opportunity to participate in cultural experience that focuses on Native American music, arts and customs and check out the beautiful central coast of California.
This tour departing from Los Angeles will also visit Santa Barbara, a small charming coastal city also known as the "American Riviera". The last stop on this experience will give you an opportunity to take a look back at the "Big 80's" when Ronald Reagan was President of United States. Visit the Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley and also have a chance to go inside and visit Air Force One.
Book before September 8th and use this coupon code to receive the 15% off: POWWOW
We will depart Los Angeles in the morning and take highway 101 north to Santa Ynez. Arrive at the Santa Ynez Chumash Inter – Tribal Pow Wow around noon. After checking in, you will have a chance to check out the Native American arts and crafts as well as different types of foods and snacks available for purchase. At 6PM there be a Gourd Dance, followed by the Grand Entry at 7:00PM
The Grand Entry will have all the participant dancers dressed in full regalia.
As the festivities continue well into the night, we will depart for the PowWow at 8:00PM after the Grand Entry.
We will depart visit Santa Barbara. As we enter the downtown district Mediterranean-style white stucco buildings with red-tile roofs reflect the city’s Spanish colonial heritage. We will then travel to Simi Valley and visit the Reagan Library. There is a permanent exhibit covering the former President’s life, as well as memorabilia such as Air Force One, the aircraft personally used by the President Reagan. After the visit, we will return to Los Angeles.
|TIME||CITY||LOCATION||ADDRESS & MAP|
|8:00 am||La Mirada||Holiday Inn La Mirada||14299 Firestone Blvd|
|8:30 am||Rowland Heights||Class 302 (Rowland Heights)||1015 Nogales St., Rowland Heights, CA91748|
|8:30 am||Commerce||Best Western Plus Commerce Hotel||7272 E Gage Ave|
|9:00 am||Monterey Park||Lincoln Plaza Hotel (Monterey Park)||123 S. Lincoln Ave|
|9:15 am||Montebello||International Buffet (Montebello)||2323 Via Campo|
* Hotel rooms are typically designed and equipped for two travelers. They usually feature a queen- or king-sized bed or two double beds, which are meant to provide adequate comfort for two travelers.
* 3rd person, 4th person or child must share with the 1st & 2nd travelers in the same room (2 double beds). Extra beds, extra items and services (such as extra toiletries and towels) will not be provided.
* Hotels limit occupancy based on local or state fire codes, no more than 4 people to occupy a hotel room, regardless of the ages of the occupants.
* All hotel room are NON-SMOKING, any violations are fined $300.00 ~ $500.00
* Child fare: for children 2 years of age and above, occupying the same room with 2 adults.
* Children under 2 years old will be charged $25 per day for mandatory General Liability Insurance.
* To ensure the safety of children, anyone that is under 8 years of age or less than 60lbs must have a car seat. (Car seat is available for rent for $25 a day—-must make reservation ahead of time).
*To ensure smooth operation of our tours, Lassen Tours reserves the right to change the order in which tours are conducted.
* Guide Services
* Reagan Library Entrance $25/Per person