9 Days   Salt Lake City - Yellowstone, Grand Teton, Bryce Canyon, Zion National Park, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas & Yosemite, ends in San Francisco
Tour Code: SLC/YBYOS9
Departure: Every Wednesday, Saturday (April-October)
Book Now >
Day 1:   Hometown - Salt Lake City
Arrive Salt Lake City airport (SLC), take the hotel complimentary shuttle bus transfer from airport to hotel. Today free time on your own.
Hotel: Four Point By Sheraton or similar
Address: 200 Admiral Byrd Rd, Salt Lake City, UT 84116 / Tel: (801) 746-5200
Day 2:   Salt Lake City – West Yellowstone
11:00am, departure from hotel, travel along the Wasatch Mountains and pass through land of scorched rocks. These lava fields of barren expanse have been underlain by rhyolite and overlain by basalt over thousands of years. Then visit Idaho Falls on the Snake River, which has one of the largest water hydro projects in Idaho. Taking a stroll by the river and you will be overwhelmed by the sound and force of the rushing, cascading water. Overnight in West Yellowstone.
Hotel:Traveler's Country Inn or Graywolf Inn or White Buffalo or Yellowstone Inn Gardiner or Travelers Lodge; or similar
Day 3:   Yellowstone National Park – Grand Teton - Jackson - Pocatello
Visit Yellowstone National Park, the first and oldest National Park in the world. Highlights include: Grand Canyon of Yellowstone, Fountain Paint Pot Geyser Basin, Midway Geyser Basin, and the most famous one of all, the "Old Faithful". There are various wildlife that calls the park its home, such as the bison, moose, and the grizzly bear. Continue on to Grand Teton National Park, the tallest peak rises to 13,770 feet and twelve of the peaks in Teton reach above 12,000 feet and support a dozen mountain glaciers. Then tour the town of Jackson, beautiful arches made of elk antlers decorate the central plaza in this town with plenty of shops and restaurants around the area. Overnight stay in Pocatello.
Hotel: Clarion Hotel or Ramada Inn
Day 4:   Pocatello – Aerospace Museum - Salt Lake City – Bryce Canyon
Visit Hill Aerospace Museum, one of the largest US Air Force Museums in the country. Among the many space and air crafts on display are the Strategic Bomber 52, F-16 Fighting Falcon, SR-71 Blackbird.
Upon arrival in Salt Lake City, tour the famous Temple Square and learn about the Mormon settlement in depth. Later in the Afternoon, head to Bryce Canyon National Park. The limited archeological findings indicate that this area was used primarily for hunting with most habitation in the river valleys below. Over time, erosion has carved colorful limestone into thousands of spires, fins, arches and mazes. The formations collectively called "hoodoos," and are arranged and tinted with various colors.
Hotel: Bryce View Lodge; Days Inn; or similar
Day 5:   Bryce Canyon-Antelope Canyon-Horse Shoe Bend-Zion Park – Las Vegas
Head to Antelope Canyon in the morning. (Upper Antelope Canyon $58 & Lower Antelope Canyon $38). It is known as a slot canyon in which rainwater runs into the extensive basin above the slot canyon sections. As the water rushes into the narrow passageways, over time the passageways are eroded away, making the corridors deeper and into what you would experience today. The sunlight filtering down from the top makes magical and beautiful patterns and shadows on the curved sandstone walls. Then hike to Horse Shoe Bend, where Colorado River makes a horseshoe shaped bend at the beginning of the Grand Canyon. The view is breathtaking but watch your footing as there are no guard rails at viewpoint. Continue to Zion National Park. The name Zion is a Hebrew word meaning a place of refuge. Experience the dramatic landscape of sculptured canyons and soaring cliffs. Arrive in Las Vegas in the evening and accommodations will be at the Excalibur Hotel, named for the mythical sword of King Arthur. Immerse yourself in the castle themed resort right in the middle of the Las Vegas Strip.
Choose from one of the many eateries on the property, including the Roundtable Buffet, or head down the Strip and stop by one of the other world famous casino hotels.
Hotel: Excalibur Hotel and Casino or similar
Day 6:   Choose one of the two optional tours: Grand Canyon south rim/Grand Canyon West Rim
Option 1: Grand Canyon South Rim $50/Per person
The Grand Canyon offers one of the most spectacular examples of erosion not found anywhere in the world. Grand Canyon National Park is a designated World Heritage Site and is unmatched in the incomparable vistas that it offers to visitors on the rim. You will be overwhelmed by the size, the color and the sound of the Canon carved for billions of years by the Colorado River. You might want to fly helicopter over the Grand Canyon, which is surely one of the greatest thrills of your life.
Option 2 Grand Canyon West Rim “The Skywalk” $90/Per person
Your journey begins from stopping by the Magnificent Hoover Dam and then on to the Majestic Hualapai Indian Reservation where is located at the West Rim of the Grand Canyon. You can walk along the rim of this great wonder of nature - unblemished by modern civilization. You may walk on the Skywalk (Optional tour). David Jin, the man who conceived and funded Skywalk makes this U-shaped platform, which extends 70ft over the edge and about 4,000 feet over the canyon floor. You may also elect to take a Helicopter ride flight into the Grand Canyon & cruise along the Colorado River aboard a pontoon boat (Optional tour).
Hotel: Excalibur Hotel and Casino or similar
Day 7:   Las Vegas – Tulare Outlet – Fresno
We will depart from Las Vegas around noon; and then head onward to the Tulare Shopping Outlet Center. Here you will be able to find your favorite brands at discounted prices. After that we will head to Fresno for an overnight stay.
Hotel: Wyndham garden airport Fresno or similar
Day 8:   Fresno - Yosemite National Park - San Francisco
From waterfalls that drop thousands of feet, and endless mountain ridges, Yosemite National Park can be considered one of the most famous scenic spots in the Western United States. Arrive in Yosemite National Park in the afternoon. Highlights include: Tunnel View, Bridal Veil Falls, El Captain, Merced River, Yosemite Falls, Half Dome.
Then return back to Bay Area.
Hotel: Red Roof Inn SFO or similar
Day 9:   San Francisco City Tour - Transfer out
Discover one of America's most picturesque and culturally diverse cities - San Francisco. Highlights include the Civic Center, Twin Peaks, Golden Gate Park, Golden Gate Bridge, Palace of Fine Arts, Fisherman's Wharf, Market Street and Chinatown.
After the tour, we will transfer you to the San Francisco airport.
** Please arrange your air-ticket departure from San Francisco (SFO) airport after 8pm.
Submit a review and get 5% off your next trip with Lassen Tours! Submit a Review today!
|Date(s)||Double Occupancy||3rd Person||4th Person||Single Room||Child||Infant|
|2017: Apr 29 - Oct 07|
2017: May 17 - Sep 27
Every Wednesday, Saturday
(No Show Penalty for the 3rd person: $360.00)
|1028||0||758||1578||same as adult fare||25/day
Tour Fare Includes:
* Take the hotel complimentary shuttle bus transfer from airport to hotel.
- Please arrange your air ticket to Salt Lake City (SLC). Today free time on your own.
* After tour drop off at San Francisco Airport (SFO)
- Please arrange your air-ticket departure from San Francisco (SFO) airport after 8pm.
Tour Fare Excludes:
* Mandatory Admission Fee: $70 Per Person for Great Salt Lake, Air Museum, Yellowstone Bear World, Yellowstone National Park admission, Grand Teton National Park admission,Bryce National Park admission, Zion National Park admission
* Las Vegas night tour - Adult $35, Child (2-12) $25
* Grand Canyon [South Rim] - Mandatory fee $50 per person, bilingual (Chinese and English), excludes lunch.
* I-Max at Grand Canyon South - $13 per person
* Grand Canyon [West Rim] - Mandatory Admission with one lunch $90 per person
* Grand Canyon West Rim Skywalk - $30 per person
* Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter ride - $168 per person
* Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter and Boat Tour:$220
* Grand Canyon South Rim Helicopter ride:$220
* San Francisco Bay Cruise - Adult (18+) $28, Child (5-17) $20
* Lower Antelope Canyon admission: $38
Trail involves ladder climbing (from 3 ft. to 25 ft.) at your own risk. Notify the tour guide if you cannot attend.
* Hotel rooms are typically designed and equipped for two travelers. They usually feature a queen- or king-sized bed or two double beds, which are meant to provide adequate comfort for two travelers.
* 3rd person, 4th person or child must share with the 1st & 2nd travelers in the same room (2 double beds). Extra beds, extra items and services (such as extra toiletries and towels) will not be provided.
* Hotels limit occupancy based on local or state fire codes, no more than 4 people to occupy a hotel room, regardless of the ages of the occupants.
* Child fare: for children 2 years of age and above, occupying the same room with 2 adults.
* Children under 2 years old will be charged $25 per day for mandatory General Liability Insurance. It is also to guarantee a seat for the child. If the parents prefer to hold the child, it is considered as forfeiting the seat, but the $25 Per day General Liability Insurance will still be charged.
Cancellations and Policies, please refer to: Terms of Service